How to Pick the Right Design Degree Course for You?
Are you a creative person who loves designing and making illustrations? But you are confused about which design degree course to choose. Well, this article talks about the same. In this article, we’ll discuss the different design courses available and will suggest tips through which you can decide which design course will be of your interest and will give you a fruitful career.
More About Design Degree Course
Design is one of the popular career fields for creative people. This field offers various opportunities for students coming from different educational backgrounds, skills, and knowledge. However, some design schools such as LISAA school of design conduct an entrance examination and personal interviews to select the students.
Eligibility Criteria– A candidate must have passed class 12th from any recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks.
Important Details of the Design Degree Courses
|Course||Duration||No. of seats available|
|B. Design Interior & product design||4 years||60|
|B. Design Graphic & communications||4 years||40|
|B. Design in Animation & filmmaking||4 years||40|
|BSC in Fashion and textile design||3 years||30|
Designing courses and their scope in Global Market
- Interior & product design– This department offers interior design and environmental & product design courses. These courses will make you ready to become a set designer, TV designer, color designer, advertising designer, etc.
- Fashion & textile design– This department offers a textile design and fashion designing course. This course is perfect for students who are interested in creating and designing outfits through knitting, embroidery, dying, etc. After completing this course, you can become a costume designer, textile designer, stylist, fashion designer, etc. The Indian textile and apparel market is expected to grow by 250 billion dollars by 2025-26 and to achieve this number the industry will require qualified professionals.
- Animation, Game & Multimedia design- This department offers animation design and game art courses and teaches students about the theory of design, film appreciation and analysis, post-production, etc. to prepare them for the animation sector. Through this course, you can make a career as a graphic editor, storyboard developer, video developer, etc.
- Graphics & communications– This department offers web design, UI/UX, illustration, and graphic design courses. This course enables students to become UI/UX designers, freelance illustrators, multimedia creative directors, web designers, project managers, etc. The global graphic designer market size is 45 billion US dollars, and it is projected to reach 83.8 billion dollars by 2032. Hence the market is booming, and you can make a decent career in this field.
Best Tips to pick the right design degree course for you
- Find out your interest areas- The field of design consists of various courses and hence you need to identify your areas of interest. You need to start noting down what excites you, and what are your hobbies, and skillset.
After identifying the areas, make a list of all available options and do research about the difference between individual fields and careers you can make through them.
- Check out your strengths and weaknesses– Once you find out your interest areas, it’s time to check out your strengths and weaknesses. Ask yourself if you are aware of what you have to study in which course, what are skills needed to perform that job role, what are career growth prospects, etc.
Once you think about all the above-mentioned details you will realize what areas you need to work upon.
- Try new things- You can also join vocational short-term courses/pursue internships or volunteer for designing projects in your untapped areas, for example- You can try short-term game design courses. You never know, your interest areas might lie in the stream you have never tried before.
- Research the job availability in those streams– Now, you need to identify the market demand for the designer you want to become. You need to check which job options will be available for you and at what salary after completion of your course.
You also need to check sub-niches of the particular field that are in high demand so that you can brush up your skills accordingly.
Why choose the LISAA School of design to pursue the best design courses?
- It is a part of the famous design school LISAA France.
- Located in the most happening place in Bangalore, Koramangala with all the modern facilities such as a hostel, cafeteria, sports, medical, transport, library, etc.
- International students’ exchange programs and project-based learning are the important reasons why you should select this college.
- Students are awarded scholarships on the basis of their financial situation and academic performance.
- LISAA School of design helps needy students to get education loans from their partner banks such as SBI, Canara bank, and Bank of Baroda.
- The dedicated placement cell of LISAA focuses on providing 100% placements to the students. They also organize training and development programs for the students to make them ready for the placement drives.
- Regular workshops and guest lectures are organized at the design school by industry experts and professionals.
- Various b-design courses are available such as fashion design, interior, graphic design, etc.
- Design graduates receive an average salary of 4 Lakhs per annum and the highest package received by a student is 9 Lakhs per annum.
- This design school has also collaborated with companies like Alcatel, BNP Paribas, Habitat, and Prade companies for providing summer internships to the students.
- You will get the dual certification from University in Bangalore and a diploma certificate from LISAA France.
You should choose a career that not only excites you but has great career potential. If we talk about just the interior design market, it is expected to reach 51.4 billion dollars by 2028. Likewise, all the design fields are booming, and you should carefully choose your course with the right college.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a web designing course?
Web design course is the study of different methods, instruments, and coding languages used for making and maintaining websites.
- What are the types of graphic design?
Packaging design, Game design, illustration, web design, UI and interactive design, motion graphics and animation, advertising and marketing design are the types of graphic design.
- What are the skills required to pursue a UI UX design course?
Research, communication, time management, empathy, and visual communication are certain skills required to pursue UI/UX courses.
- How much salary can I expect after studying a textile designing course?
According to PayScale, textile designers can earn an average salary of 4,50,000 in India.