Duration: One Year Diploma in Film Making.
CREO Valley offers a one year Diploma Programme in Film Making (Film & Video Production) for those who desire to make a career in Direction, Film Production, Editing, Sound Editing, Script-Writing, Acting and Cinematography. This is a one year programme which emphasizes on enhancing the skills of the students in Visual & Creative Communication. The students will choose a core area and will specialize in the same.
- CREO Valley is recognized by QAI (UK), FEDE (Paris) and JNTE to offer Post Graduate, Bachelors and other Diploma courses in the field of Creativity, Design & Management.
- QAI, UK Diploma/Certificate Award: The students who enroll with QAI, UK program would be awarded a certificate/diploma from QAI, UK on successful completion of the academic requirements for the certificate. QAI, UK Diploma is only available for Editing, Cinematography, Direction & Acting streams, rest of the Diploma students would be awarded a Professional Diploma from CREO Valley.
- JNTE – CSD (Jawaharlal Nehru Technical Education – Council Of Skill Development): CREO Valley, Bangalore is an authorised Training Center of JNTE-CSD. JNTE CSD is designed non UGC and non AICTE Certificate and Diploma courses which are the specified job oriented and self entrepreneur courses in the field of Fashion & Interior Designing, Animation & VFX, Film Making and other Vocational & non AICTE Engineering courses, to promote industry oriented training. In this case JNTE CSD is taking the initiative to develop their skills by conducting training through workshops, seminars by engaging professionals in similar fields.
Diploma in Film Making through CREO Valley School of Film and Television is recognized by QAI London, United Kingdom (UK). At the CREO Valley Students will:
- Learn about TV and film history, as well as the latest in new media developments
- Develop advanced editing, audio, cinematography, and lighting skills
- Develop and pitch entertainment concepts
- Create scripts and storyboards, and develop characters and dialogue
- Build, shoot, and strike film sets and direct actors
- Work with diverse digital video cameras and use a video / still camera
- Use of relevant Industry Software
- Navigate domestic and international business landscapes in TV and film, including mobile, web and video on demand
- Create and showcase a portfolio of work from development to post-production (including a short documentary, narrative film and a final project that is festival and distribution ready)
- Learn how to fund projects and market themselves
Students enrolling with the course will have to choose one of the core specializations:
- Film Direction
- Film Editing
- Script Writing
Brief Course Structure (subject to revisions):
- Foundation (first two months): During first two months, students will be exposed to all aspects of film making and will work jointly to learn Digital Film Making
- Specializations (rest of the course): After the Foundation period, students would be choosing an area of specialization and will go through rigorous training with focus on their choice of area.
Student’s Work (for most recent works please visit our Youtube Channel):
Our Film Direction Course is an intensive program which covers a comprehensive range of film making proficiencies including writing, producing, directing, editing and cinematography. It is designed to allow the student a successful transition from the campus to the world of films, television or video production. The program also includes an option of structured internship for merit holding students. In the program our esteemed faculty guides the students to develop his or her individual style of story telling and film making, with their own sense of narration & perspectives. This course gives insights into Direction of Documentaries , Corporate Films , Ad Films & Music Videos. Brief outline:
- Film History
- Image projection
- Story Boarding & Ground Planning.
- Visual medium: Optical, Analog, Digital
- Pre-Production, Production and Post-Production skills
- Tools of Screenwriting- Character, Conflict & Structure.
- Imagination & Visualization
- Visual sense: Frames, Rules of framing and composition
- Types of shots & angles, Camera movements.
- Depth of Field, Perspective.
- Understand lighting & Composition.
- ontinuity of Space & Time.
- Pre production for Director: Charts, Shooting script, Shot division, Master shot, Insert
- Concept of Misc-en-Scene.
- Casting and working with Actors
- Vocabulary & Jargonused in the Film Industry
- Production Design, Sound Design and handling Post-production
- Documentary Films / Music-video / Ad-films
- Insights about marketing, distribution & career development in Films and TV.Film Appreciation & Analysis.
Editing is where movies are made or broken. Many a film has been saved and many a film has been ruined in the editing room – Joe Dante
- Introduction of editing in films.
- Power of Editing. Role of a video editor.
- Idea of Continuity and Montage
- Selection of a shot, Frame and Composition
- Creative use of Transitions
- Timing, Pace, Rhythm
- Parallel action / Intercut
- A lucid Cut, Rules of Editing, Breaking the Rules
- Creative use of sound. Sound editing.
- Handling Dialogue and Action. Creating Drama through cuts.
- Art of shaping a story through cuts. Suspense and Surprise factor.
- Understanding Negative, Video, Digital.
- Multi-camera set-up / Off-line and On-line Editing
- Beat-cutting / Editing Song
- Documentary Editing
- Working on Software
- Organize program elements, mark clips & use the timeline
- Working with clips
- Prepare & Work on Rough cut
- Cutting to music and narration
- And many more basic & advanced techniques
on editing softwares
A Cinematographer plays a very important role in the process of film making. His job is to convey the perspective of the Director to the audience effectively. The Course aims to give the student a thorough training in every required aspect of Cinematography ,including Introduction to different cameras, their functions, lighting, camera angles & movements etc. The course will cover camera work for films, television, sports, documentaries and wildlife shoots. The students will be trained by renowned cinematographers from all these areas. The infrastructure at CREO Valley has been setup to maintain International Standards in teaching Cinematography.
“Cinematography is infinite in its possibilities… much more so than music or language.” – Conrad Hall
The students get theoretical as well as practical inputs on key skills that are required for Digital Cinematography such as:
- Using light & spot meters
- Understanding natural light
- Using artificial lights
- Understanding lenses and lensing
- Shooting for documentary
- Shooting for fiction
- Shooting for mixed form
- Understanding screenplays
- Understanding mise-en-scene
- Lighting for small & multi- character set ups
- Shooting with track, trolley and crane
- Understanding standard post production workflows
- Digital Inter-negative and colour correction processes
- Production planning with lights & light boys
The Script Writing course at CREO Valley helps you frame you creative stories in an structured manner. You would be able to present original story ideas in a gripping manner, detailed characterizations, scenes and Dialogues. Identify & develop your own style of narration suiting to films, Television, Corporate films, Plays, Ad films & Documentaries.
People have forgotten how to tell a story. Stories don’t have a middle or an end any more. They usually have a beginning that never stops beginning” –Steven Spielberg
Script writing will be taught under the following subheadings
- The Story
- The Three Act Structure and Plot Points
- Actions and Descriptions
- Synopsis and Treatment
- The Scene Outline
- The First Draft
- First Professional Draft
- The Good Read
- Rewriting, Part Two
- Selling Your Script
- Rewriting, Part Three
- Your Career as a Writer
The Acting course at CREO Valley comprises of all the important elements of acting including body movements, expressions, voice culture, scenes and character study, imagination exercises, assertiveness, playback & lip sync etc. The Program emphasizes on theoretical and practical aspects of acting. Theatrical and on-line camera training are an integral part of the course.
With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it’s just not acting. It’s lying. – Johnny Depp
Our acting course is meant to help you get over your inhibitions , to de limit your imagination & to open up to a whole gamut of personalities within yourself. At CREO Valley you get a chance to learn the nuances of the art of acting and performing through traditional & modern techniques.
- Basics of Acting
- Action Problems
- Orientation to The World of Cinema
- Playback and Lip Sync
- Improvisation & Dubbing
- Yoga and Meditation
- Body Language
- Scenes & Character Study
- Expression Exercise
- Diction, Voice Culture & Voice Analysis
- Exercises for Observation & Imagination
- The art of communication
- Acting Therapy
- Realizing PotentialsVital Skills & Personality Enhancements
Photography <– click here
About QAI UK
Qualifications and Assessments International (QAI), is a registered private company under companies act 2006 with the registrar of companies for England and Wales with Company Number 7866740 under the name “Qualifications and Assessments International Ltd.”
QAI works with schools, colleges, universities, industry and government internationally to provide high quality, relevant and flexible programmes, qualifications, assessment and consultancy services that are relevant, fit-for-purpose and current and meet with well defined set of values and global standards (mapped against the Qualification and Credit Framework-QCF, which is the new framework for qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland).